Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm melting

Remember the scene in The Wizard of Oz where Dorothy throws the water on the Wicked Witch and she mutters - "I'm melting. Melting."

Well, that is EXACTLY what I sound like whenever I have to motivate between one air conditioned oasis to another.

Emphasis on the word motivate.

And it seems that there are people that enjoy this. I don't enjoy those people. Some like it hot. Not me. I'm one popsicle away from a total meltdown.

My pile of unfinished projects (and by unfinished- I mean stuff I have not actually started) is higher than the temps around here. And I can barely count that high.

My mood has a heat index.
And I should have a label-
WARNING! EXTREMELY HOT. DO NOT TOUCH.
Wait- that applies all the time.

It's hot, hot, hot.
And I'm not sure what is more annoying-
The heat or me whining about it.
I could (might) be complaining about how cold my office is right now.
And I might be sort of witchy like that. The Wicked Witch of the East...Coast Heatwave.

Do they make brooms with AC?

13 comments:

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Not to worry! In Southern California we understand heat! And..no one whines about it more.. :)
Drink some ice tea and relax in the shade ...Fall will be here before you know it!
Hugs,
Mona

Gayle said...

It's o.k. to feel that way. We got central a/c last summer after 32 years I had some pretty witchy moments myself along the way.(just ask my family :)
Other than the heat, how was your week-end?

The Rocky Creek Scotties said...

Here's hoping brooms fly so fast they don't need A/C - hang on tight!

Lisa said...

Do ya haaave tha vapuhs? :D

Low Tide High Style said...

My daughter has the same heat "in"tolerance and we steer clear of her when it's too hot! ;-)

I think brooms are like convertibles...no AC required!!

Sending you cool breezes and a big orange dreamsicle!

Kat :)

Olive Cooper said...

I get it. Totally. The humidity here is going to do me in. We have no a/c in our main living area of the old house. Therefore I do not cook in the summer. All tasks are done early or very late in the day. Hang in there!

~olive~

Brenda@Cozy Little House said...

I'm way past that popsicle count. I know this is far away from you. But picture menopause, my dear, in this over 100 degree a day heat. THEN we're talking meltdown with a capital M!
Brenda

Hartwood Roses said...

I'm right there with ya, sister. We can whine in harmony ... heat + humidity = lovely summer weather in Virginia. (oh, wonderful).
Connie

Country Girl said...

I was not made for weather like this.

Theresa said...

It IS hot here! I am hardly going outside at all these days... it is just too hot!

Stay cool my friend! HUGS!

Becky at The Cozy Girl said...

This is why we SIT. SIP. SIESTA. During the summer.

(But I do that even when it's not hot ; )

Sending you vibes o' coolness!!! Are there any fireflies to accompany this heat business?

Kat said...

...i dont think that you will like menopause then, it is a constant sweat fest for sure but you have a few years yet

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

what KAT said. Add this miserable heat/humidity (I'm in Maryland) to MENOPAUSE and I'm dang near homicidal!!!