Friday, October 16, 2009

Like a fish out of water...

Well, not exactly. I know what this time of year means for me. But somehow it always seems new. I always feel a little out of my element. And this is stuff that I can do in my sleep.



October is affectionately known as Convention Time around my house. It's part of my job. It means I am busy. It means there are list of lists. It means that I think of things in the middle of the night. It means that some people around me become unbearable. They shall remain nameless but boy oh boy would they make for some good posts.

I just wanted to let you know where I am. I just wanted to let you know that I miss my visits with you.

Please have a wonderful weekend. I will be cozied up on the little farm and also out doing some fun stuff too.

Gosh, I just realized what a perfect photo to describe the weather here. Wet.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Daughter :). I just love the picture...the minute I saw it I was lost for words, but yet it was speaking out so loudly and saying so much. It touched a special place inside me...I definitely want a copy to frame. I am not sure if you are a fish out of water or what is striking me is that you are such a natural part of the picture, that the picture would not mean a thing without you standing where you are...you are definitely in the water and you just blend into the beauty of the picture making it complete. You are where you belong and you are a natural...I know this is a stressful time for you, but it all comes together and it is always perfect...just like this picture.

Love Ya,
Mom

P.S. You know that I will always stop by and punch them in the nose:>)...could always push them down the hill.

Unknown said...

I'm with Mom...let's push down the hill and then go out for a long lunch!!

Hang in there babes!!! you know how much you are loved!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your weekend!

Dogwood said...

Lovely picture. I hope you have a very wonderful and fun weekend. Sounds like you are a busy lady this time of year. Deep breath and take one step at a time.

Theresa said...

Aren't Mom's just the best? Love her comment, sweet and very touching. Have a blessed weekend and get a little rest!

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a sweet vision! We'll still be here, so don't worry.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Okay, you need to start an anonymous blog and give us all the addy so we can get the DIRT.

Smoochies,
SSG

Donna said...

Just found your blog. Love your thrift finds...about the old dishes. I had that same set of tupperware in my cabinets for many years...I must be old!

Beck said...

Hang in there and remember you have a loving supportive mum who is always there if you need some one knee capped...sorry, pushed down a hill! I love the photo too xo

traci said...

well, i guess the bright side is that the month is more than half over. good luck getting through it. take care of yourself. love that photo!!!

Frugalious Living said...

I just wanted to stop in and say that I miss you. It seems you are going through something stressful right now. Hang in there. Everything happens for a reason. But I do hope it gets easier for you soon. xo

Marcia @ frugaliousliving.blogspot

Small House said...

OH..years ago, I worked for an exercise equipment company, and it was the same way there! I forgot about those busy fall months until I read your post. GOOD LUCK!
Sandra