Monday, August 11, 2008

Pukey blahs and projects...

It is the most beautiful summer evening here in Virginia. The air is so clear and we have the most amazing breeze. I would give anything for it to stay just like this until we get to Autumn. It actually looks like September as I gaze out the window behind the computer monitor. I just love it. It's perfect and it puts me in the best mood- despite having what we in my family refer to as the pukey blahs. I am not sure how we spell that. It's the first time I have ever written it out. However, upon spellchecking- seems to be fine.

I've been storing away a few photos that I have been taking of the inside of the house for a change and I thought I would start showing you a few tonight. Here is my first little project. I used a frame and a embroidered piece that my friend Kay so kindly gifted to me and paired them with some scrap fabric that is most likely stolen from my mom. A little two-sided tape and voila-



Remember the green rack I bought on my thrift shopping spree a few weeks ago? That found a home in my guest room. I didn't even have to paint it. A few other aprons and such have found their way up there since this picture was taken. Nothing ever (EVER) stays the same for long around here.

Here they are all together.


Thanks for the get well wishes today. I am feeling so much better. You know you have totally lost yourself in BlogLand when you are laying in bed (wanting to be put out of your misery) wondering if you are missing any new posts. Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday. Good night and sweet dreams- 'til tomorrow...

7 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

So glad you are starting to feel better! Love your guest room! The frame turned out great and I just LOVE the plate below it! Very pretty shades of green in this room! Have a better tomorrow!
Hugs!
Kim

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

Awww so sweet and cozy! Glad you're feeling better! And to answer your question there are a TON of fun guest bloggers lined up, you won't even know I'm gone ; )

Heather said...

I am so glad you are feeling better and that the weather is so beautiful there for you!
That little peg rack looks so good in it's new home- love the tea cups and aprons hanging from it. I also really like how you framed the needlework with the scrapbook paper! I am going to have to do that! What a great way to display them!!
Hugs
Heather :)

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I think I could be nice and comfy in that guest room.
I'm glad to hear you are feeling better :0)

Liz Harrell said...

So glad you're getting good weather too. It's rained for two days here, highs in the 70's. I'm in heaven!

The peg rack is adorable! I love it.

Thrifty Cents said...

I'm so happy that you are feeling better! The weather in VA HAS been BEAUTIFUL the last couple of days. I was painting that awful orange and green vanity yesterday and I just couldn't believe how nice the breeze was! Btw, I love the framed hankie...I may try that myself...actually I have no more wall space in my home!!! Take care!
Carmen

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Alaura here, I am so glad to read that you are feeling a little better. I was reading the farmers wife, and saw your blog comment,and just had to stop by for a look see. and I love what I saw. I will visit again, please stop by for a visit. Have a good week.

hugs;
Alaura