Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My first post....


Well, this is my very first post. I've been lurking about in blogland for weeks and weeks and admiring the wonderful worlds and lives out there that are so different and yet parallel to my own. I want to be a part of the sharing and caring that I see- sharing of ideas and creativity and all those special little things that make up our daily lives.

I am 31 years old and will celebrate my one year wedding anniversary on July 7th. The little farm pictured above is my dream house in the country. We moved into the little cottage farm house in November of last year and it literally evolves each and every day- to my husband's dismay. I have filled it with family heirlooms and yard sale finds and all the things I have collected over the years. And I have been collecting since I was little. There is still painting to do and well, a million other things, but we are in love with our little piece of the world. By we- husband, 2 beagles and five cats. Very cozy. I should share that my charming little home came with an accessory that we collectors of fine junk could really only dream about....a general store built in the 1930's. You know, the penny candy kind of general store with hard wood floors and built in shelves and old ice cream coolers and so much character it overwhelms me. It sits empty now waiting for my million ideas to come to fruition, but she waits so patiently.

I am not sure exactly what this little blog will become. I hope it is my entry into a world that so inspires me. I'd like to say a special thank you to Kim at Daisy Cottage. She doesn't even know it but has been my main inspiration. Her piece of the world that she generously shares with all of us each day makes me so happy.

Until the next time....




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME TO BLOGLAND SWEET GIRL!
Your blog is off to a beautiful start and I hope that you enjoy this journey as much as I have.
Thank you too, for your sweet words - I really appreciate them!
xo,
Kim

Rhondi said...

Well Kimberly I had just had a delightful time reading all your posts. Your wedding photos are just great and you were a beautiful bride. Happy belated anniversary!
Hugs, Rhondi

Anonymous said...

hi, im happy to have come across your little bog. im new here too!! cheers!