Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Goodwill hunting...

I ended up at Goodwill after work yesterday. I am not sure how I got there. At 4:30 I was ready to collapse and just wanted to get home. I was even going to skip a much needed stop at the grocery store. But somehow two hours later I am in Goodwill hunting for treasures...in Goodwill pushing a cart...a cart full of stuff. You see, I usually don't get a cart. I figure I am safer browsing without one and can only buy as much as I can carry. Carts are dangerous. They hold lots of dishes and cups. They even lead you into the furniture section where you find a great bench. No more carts.

So, while I am in Goodwill my phone rings. It's mom. She's in the neighborhood and decides she is going to stop by while I am shopping and say hi (and scoop out my cart full of stuff). I tell her not to bother- I got all the good stuff! No, I am not a brat, Mom and I have a friendly Goodwill competition going on. So, we took another lap around the store together and found even more good stuff, including an awesome painting that I will show you soon. Thanks, Mom!
This is Mom and me at the Nascar races here in May. That was her Mother's Day gift! She will want me to mention that we had VIP passes to all sorts of stuff thanks to my job. She tells us that she can no longer attend a race as a regular person! If only they had VIP passes to Goodwill!

I will be taking pictures of all my stuff tonight- I promise! Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Looking forward to the photos! Looks like you and your mom had a fun day at the Nascar races! What a cool gift!
Have a great day!
Kim

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kim, I saw your blog over at Kim's Treasures, and thought I would drop in for a visit! I absolutely love your blog...and your old country store. When I was a teen, my dad bought an old country store. We sold hardware, some clothes and boots, and a small line of groceries. We had shelving like the ones in your pictures. Being that it was out in the country..way out!!! ...we eventually had to close it. It was just a second store for us. Now a church rents it from my dad and they have remodeled it. My husband collects old gas signs, pumps...and such. Our dream would be to find an old store and move it...to save and put his memoralibia in. Well, sorry I rambled on! :)

Take Care! ~Rhonda

Suzanne said...

Wow, you guys are so cute! I'm just lucky that they don't have flatbed carts at Goodwill. I have so much stuff I have to hide the new stuff I find.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

Liz Harrell said...

How fun! Hope you found lots of treasures.

I'm still dreaming about your store... cant wait to see more.

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

NASCAR! I love it! We always go to the race at Talladega...what job is yours that affords you such wonderful perks! *Ü*
I am enjoying reading your blog archives...what a wonderful bunch of stories!
XOXO
Joni