Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Feels good

I felt like I was wearing the same outfit every single day. Logging on here was like walking into a room that was way overdue for my typical move this, move that overhaul. I was itching to move things around. So I did.

And now it's a happy sigh to walk into my little corner of this blog universe. It feels good. I hope you like it too.



I wrote a press release today for work. And it wasn't lost on me that I can actually say that I went to school for this. I usually say that sarcastically while rolling my eyes and pulling out my hair over yet another mail merge. Not one single Communications professor of mine ever said a word about name tags. Then again, I think we might have all changed majors.

Today felt good. I liked seeing my name next to the word CONTACT. I like saying I'm in charge. If you know me, this is not news to you.



I was standing in line at the grocery store the other night and the lady in front of me asked to use my discount card. I obliged of course. Two words- cheaper gas. She then turned to look me up and down and announced that I looked like the AFTER on one of those makeover shows. I laughed. What an interesting choice for a compliment. That was a compliment, right?

I wondered if she has glimpsed a bit of BEFORE in my bathroom mirror. But I left the store smiling and it felt good.

I have one of my favorites sayings up on my banner now....
because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.
And life feels so good.

A bit random today, I know.
But random feels good.

15 comments:

Theresa said...

I LOVE you new blog design! I almost didn't recognize you:) That was a sweet compliment the lady gave you! I bet you looked lovely!

Have a blessed day and YES... Life is pretty amazing! HUGS!

Unknown said...

I love the new look of your blog.
I'ts wonderful and light and more like the sweet heart you have.
I've been missing you, tho.
all the best...

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I so 'feel you' on doing a job that you went to school for. I'm in PR and half of my job is totally not PR. ;) But, I guess it kinda is, too.

I love that compliment and am totally going to use it on someone.

traci said...

the new blog design is amazing. i love it. did you do it yourself. if so, great job. i love random. this post was right up my alley.

Cheyenne said...

Oh, just reading this feels good! Thank you! Blog looks FANTASTIC!

Chrissykat said...

Yay, love the new vibe! I think that compliment was very sweet...bet you were wearing one of your totally cute-bargain-queen-stylish-outfits!!!
Peace, C~

Olive said...

The blog is very lovely...not to slick...just right...still you. ♥O

Emily said...

Love the new look! I'd love to make a big change too, but I have now idea how.

Marlene said...

Looking good Hawt stuff!!

Random is always good.

http://intheheartofhappy.com

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

The redesign looks terrific! And I love random!

sex video chat said...

This blog makes us to feel good too. :)

anosh said...

شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
شركة غسيل مكيفات بالرياض
أفضل شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات اسبليت بالرياض
ارقام صيانة مكيفات اسبليت بالرياض
ادوات تنظيف مكيفات اسبليت
سعر غسيل مكيف اسبليت بالرياض
مع ارتفاع درجات الحرارة بصورة كبيرة أصبحنا لا نستطيع الاستغناء عن المكيف وأصبح هو المحور الأساسي في كل مكان سواء في المنزل أو العمل أو المتشفيات والمصانع ولكن الكثير منا يجهل أن المكيف يحتاج إلي تنظيف بشكل دوري حتي يؤدي مهمته بشكل أفضل وهذا ما تساعدك به كما تقدم الشركة أسعار خاصة تناسب جميع الفئات والطبقات
نظافة المكيف من أهم الأشياء التي يجب ان نحرص عليها بشكل كبير فالمكيف من أهم الأشياء التي لا نستطيع الاستغناء عنها خاصة في فصل الصيف وارتفاع درجات الحرارة ولكن يجب الابتعاد عن الهواة في عملية التنظيف واللجوء إلي المتخصصين القادرين علي تنظيف المكيفات بطريقه صحيحة وآمنة تماما وهذا ما تمتاز به شركة غسيل مكيفات بالرياض فهي من أولي الشركات في تنظيف الخزانات فلديها مجموعة من العاملين المميزين في مجال غسيل المكيفات بطريقه محترفة وآمنة https://lwmt4.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A8-%D8%BA%D8%B1%D9%81-%D9%86%D9%88%D9%85-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B6/

Halong Bay Overnight Cruise said...

Hanoi is beautiful, it brings to you the cutural life of Vietnam. Your post makes me feel so proud to be a Vietnamese living in a beautiful country, Vietnam!
But Halong Bay also is World Heritage which you MUST see when you are in Hanoi, jsu 180km from Hanoi. The second choice must be Mua Caves Tour in Ninh Binh Vietnam Read more about: Best things to do in Ninh Binh and Best things to do in Halong Bay

sara said...

شبوك زراعية
شبوك حدائق
مجموعة مختلفة من القرميد المميزة التى تحتاج إلية على سطح المنزل والتى تساهم بشكل كبير فى تغطية المنزل بأشكال وديكورات مختلفة فلا داعى للقلق ولا داعى للبحث عن كيفية القيام بعملية التركيب والإختيار.

قرميد
قرميد معدني
متخصصين فى جميع أنواع المظلات المختلفة المطلوبة على مستوى الرياض والقيام بعملية التركيب بالدقة والجوده العالية مع توفير الخدمات المطلوبة وأختيار أفضل الخامات اللازمة والتى تساهم فى الإحتفاظ بالخدمة بشكل طويل والتى تحقق فى القيام بعمل المظلات المطلوبة

مظلات خزانات
مظلات مدارس
مظلات سيارات
مظلات مسابح
مظلات هرمية
سواتر قماس بى فى سى وسواتر مختلفة من الأقمشة والحديد وسوات للأحواش وللأماكن المطلوبة وعلى حسب المكان المطلوب وعلى حسب درجة الضوء والحرارة والتى تسمح بمرور الضوء

سواتر خشبية
سواتر حديد
سواتر قماش

sara said...

برجولات اسطح
متخصصين فى جميع أنواع الشبوك المختلفة والقيام بعمل الشبوك المختلفة من خلال توفير شبوك المزارع والدواجن والعمل على توفير شبوك المقاولات وشبك المزارع و.. غيرها من كافة الأنواع المطلوبة فتواصل معنا فى طلب الخدمة المميزة.

شبوك
شبوك امنية
شبوك زراعية
شبوك حدائق
قرميد السعودية والتعامل مع كافة أنواع القرميد المختلفة من الديكورات المطلوبة فلدينا مجموعة من الصور التى قامت بيه الشركة التى يسهل عليك أن يتم الإختيار من بينهم والقيام بإختيار تصميم على حسب ما تحتاج إلية والتى تعمل على إختيار التصميمات المطلوبة للفلل والشقق والمنازل والعمل على توفير الخدمات المختلفة فى أى مكان بالرياض.

قرميد
قرميد معدني
القيام بعمل التصميمات الشاملة التى تحتاج إلية لبيوت الشعر والتى تساهم بشكل كبير فى القيام بعملية التركيب والتجهيزات اللازمة من الألف إلى الياء والتى تحقق بالفعل الخدمات المطلوبة والصيانة اللازمة.