Monday, May 17, 2010

Thrifting- Heavy Metal Style

This weekend I met up with BellaMomma for some hardcore thrift shopping. I came home with a lot of metal- tins, trays, buckets, old trash cans.

I was like a magnet.
Sorry, I could not resist that reference.

Here are my finds from the weekend and a few things from the weeks before.

Vintage metal trashcan with dogwood flowers

Vintage saltine cracker tin

Old metal tray

Small rose tin tray

Creamettes Macaroni Tin- replica

Old metal box

And my very favorite...
Another Calf-teria.
And NOPE- doesn't take much to make me happy.

Calf-teria bucket

Now I have a pair. Yeah, I know my new one is missing a nipple. And I can't believe I just typed the words- missing a nipple. But I love it anyway.

The original Calf-teria bucket

And I might have started a trend in the county we were in. Apparently everyone has these in their barns and no one has ever thought to use them as planters. Trust me, it's a conversation piece.

And by the way- found a lot more than all of this. But I couldn't do all my show and tell today. More to come.

8 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Great finds, I wish I had a bit of your magnetism for finding cool tinware! ;-) And now I want my own calf-teria to use as a planter!

Kat :)

Unknown said...

I love the painted tray and the aqua can is gorgeous.
and on the cans, i think i prefer the nipple-less one...LoL
peace,
glenda

Country Girl said...

And here I came expecting to listen to Nine Inch Nails and found this lovely post.
That's a real conversation piece you got there!

traci said...

wow, great finds girl. you have the best luck. i love the creamettes tin and the calfeteria bucket. can't wait to see the rest.

Kathie Truitt said...

Ah, a girl after my own heart. I LOVE tins. I especially like the salting cracker one.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Wow! I love your treasures - even without a nipple! (LOL!!)

I have the same trash can that I bought when I visited Kim (Daisy Cottage) in Florida.

xoxo
Becky

Two Little Tots said...

love the finds...i wish i had more time to thrift shop for stuff like that...and my other problem, i don't have the space to store it all.

thanks for stopping by! cute outfit...i am a total sale girl as well!

Becky Garrison said...

Ican't believe you got that tray for 25 cents! I just saw a very similar one at an antique store (probably a bit larger) for $44 - yes, forty four dollars!!! You go girl! Becky