Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I came here to write

I came here to write. Because I lurked and was inspired.
I came here to share my world. Because I needed that creative outlet.
I came here to meet you. Because your worlds were so enticing.
I came here. I logged in. I hung up my sign- Bella Della. I posted.
And somewhere along the way I bloomed.

3-14-10 029

Traci ignited it and encouraged it. She's the talent behind Traci Thorson Photography. And she knows that I adore her. Go visit. You will love her too.

Recently I found Kate of Chronicles of a Country Girl. Her comments and support are a huge boost for me and I know I have lots to learn from her. Thanks, Kate. Go visit and tell her I said hello. Kate so sweetly wrote about me here.

And that is how Kat found me. Kat of Low Tide High Style. She's become a fast friend and yesterday I was blown away by her kindness in this post . Blown away. Thank you, Kat.

You ladies are the reason the camera is always by my side. And you make me see things in a way I never did before. You guys nourish the marriage between my writing and picture taking.

I still come here to write. I will always do that. That voice inside me literally never shuts up. But because the words weren't quite enough on this journey of show and tell- I took pictures. Lots of pictures.



And then the pictures took hold of me and a new love bloomed.

I've had this conversation quite a few times lately and wanted to share it and thank you for it, too.

10 comments:

traci said...

KIM - what a sweet post. i am so glad that we found each other. you are my country girl soul mate. i know that if we lived closer, we would be spending so much time together, traveling the country roads and taking tons of pictures.

I am off to check on the other girls you listed.

Have a great day sweetie!!

Unknown said...

Your photos are beautiful! Keep writing. Keep sharing.

Theresa said...

Oh how beautiful! Love the pictures and I also love blogging. I have met so many wonderful friends and it is a part of my day. I keep my camera by my side and find that I look at things differently. I find beauty in things that I would not have even noticed before blogging:)

Have a blessed day my friend!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

It is wonderful when you run into ones that encourage instead of attacking and destroying you. I was attacked and destroyed and removed all of my personal writing. You are so blessed to have found encouragement.
I have since found it also and like you, I am grateful! Keep snapping those lovely photo's and keep pouring your heart out on your blog. That is what it is all about.
I am still uncomfortable..but time is a healer...a wonderful healer and I am forging ahead!
The luck of the Irish to you this gorgeous day..
Love and hugs..
Mona

Low Tide High Style said...

I am so glad to have found you, your blog, and to witness your beautiful blossoming! xx

Thank you!

Kat :)

Unknown said...

You've come a long way baby girl and you are doing a fantasical job!!

Jackie said...

I'm so glad I found your blog...your posts are always beautiful and inspiring...including this one.

Have a great day.
Jackie

Emily said...

Your photos ARE terrific Kim. Keep it up!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Kim, these photos are absolutely fantastic! I too learned that I also loved photography, when it was the love of words that got me blogging. I'm so glad you're here in Blogland, with your wonderful words and cute little spot in the country. And your lovely pictures!
Brenda

maggie may said...

i love your photos. they make me feel fresh and like i need a drive in the country.