Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Turn over a new leaf...

Spring is a time for newness, renewal, and new beginnings. Each new green leaf, each blossom makes me so happy. I wish I could stop time. I feel like I have my finger hovering over the button and at any time I could just hit STOP. I wish it could stay this green, this just so right 70 degrees, I wish the flowers would just stay.

The lilacs are my favorite. I think they are a must when you have a little farm like we do. I wonder how long this one has been here. It's not very big as it lives in the shadows of our giant oak. I grew up with purple- what a delight to find that mine blooms white.


If anyone knows what is blooming in the second picture please share with me. It's not the traditional lilac that I know, but it seems to be in the same family- has a similar scent.

Happy Spring!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Now THIS started my Tuesday off to a wonderful beginning.

I think we need some hydrangeas, don't you?

Unknown said...

And some gardenia's...I am just saying.

Anonymous said...

I believe that is an Oriental Lilac...I have one by my front porch. I cannot wait for it to bloom as I believe it has a stronger scent then your ordinary lilac's...your white one is lovely! As are all of your photo's...I would want to pause time too!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful as always. We have two purple lilacs blooming right now. I brought in two tiny bouquets and they made my home smell magnificent! I didn't even know they came in white. You are a lucky girl.

Unknown said...

Don't you just love when everything is bloom it such a wonderful time love the dogwoods too!

Carrie

laurie - magpie ethel said...

L-O-V-E lilacs...one of my favorite spring flowers. Luckily an aunt has a huge old tree that I can go pick gigantic bouquets from. Ours aren't quite in bloom yet, but I am watching the tree. Enjoy!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Your photos depict such a tranquil place. It seems like the sort of spot back in time where I'd happen upon an old shuttered gas station with coca-cola signs painted on the outdoor walls. Coming here just makes me feel...serene I suppose I'd say.
Brenda

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

It's finally sunny and bloomy here too, SSG has been waiting a LONG time.

the wild raspberry said...

I love lilacs too...they remind me of my mother and grandmother and how they always brought them inside in the spring. ahhh.
Mine aren't quite to their peak but very close!!
Perhaps your other shrub is a viburnum of sorts...there are some blooming now and they smell fabulous!
that is sort of what the leaf reminds me of.
have a great day breathing in the spring.
chas

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I love Lilacs too.
I adore Spring.

Emily said...

Lilacs are definitely a fave!!

Wanita said...

Lilacs are so lovely. Is your second picture a Miss Kim lilac? We have one in our yard. It doesn't grow quite as large as other lilacs and has a wonderful scent.

traci said...

beautiful blooms kim. i love the white lilacs. i only have purple too. might have to look into those. my family planted lots of fruit trees while i was gone. i love this time of year.