Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Work day...

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I am happy to officially mark the end of summer and the beginning of Fall (sort of). Hopefully the sight of school buses and the start of football will soon mean cooler temperatures. It's still in the upper 80s here.

So, my husband and I took Labor Day literally. We labored in the yard all day. We spent most of the day cleaning out our flower beds around the front of the house and trimming shrubs. Hubby had planned to cut grass all afternoon but we have a flat on the new John Deere. As you read this he is probably trying to figure that out and get it fixed. We just gave up on it yesterday.

After we cleaned up around the front I decided to go head and start turning "the porch" back to the carport. Don't worry, I still left a little seating under there, but now I have room to pull the car in if I need to. I brought the old wicker furniture around to the front...


And...instead of sitting there enjoying all my hard work, I am back at work. I can't complain though. It was a perfect long weekend. I can't wait for another.

Have a great day!

11 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

Your right it was a nice long holiday weekend! Now back to the grind of the job for me. Hope you have a wonderful day! Love your porch...I started on my paint project of my wicker esemble but did not finish cause I ran out of paint so off to Wally World at lunch to get a couple more cans.

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

Looks lovely! Have a great week! 3 more work days for me and then I'm off on my trip! It makes going in today a bit more bearable! (How many exclamation points in one comment is considered excessive? I think I may have me the quota!)

Lallee said...

All your hard work looks great. It would be hard not to linger on one of your porches. I planned to do some serious housework today but our AC is out. It is just too hot to do very much until it is fixed. But it does give me some blog reading time ;-)

Anonymous said...

We often use our time off to do the little things we don't have time for in our busy lives. Thank you for sharing! There is definite fall in the air and now is the time to redecorate our porches and cozy homes and share with all our blogging friends...Have a great week! LisaJanelle

Mrs. B said...

Your porch looks so nice! We spent all weekend "laboring" too! It's not the most fun way to spend a holiday weekend, but the results make you feel good!

Anonymous said...

Why is it that days off end up creating more work?? Sometimes I don't mind it though because I love the sense of accomplishment and love to cross things off my to do list.

traci said...

i want to come sit on your front porch with you. it's so adorable!! yardwork, it stinks while you're doing it (especially when it's that hot) but it looks so nice when you're done. it was really hot here today too, but tomorrow it cools down into the low 70's - so it's headed your way.

Thrifty Cents said...

Your porch looks so inviting. Love your pictures. Glad you had a good weekend, although LABOR intensive!
Carmen

Kim's Treasures said...

Hi Kim! I am back! Your porch looks so pretty! I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend! Ours was great! Thank goodness it is a short week!

Have a great day!
Kim

Kathleen Grace said...

Myt hubby and I usually spend long holiday weekends working in our yard too. Not everyone's idea of a good time but productive. I love the old screen on your fron porch:>)

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Awww, I love how you used this screen door, looks so welcoming!