Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday Evening Post...

It has been a good Saturday. I woke up early to run errands and check out a few yard sales. I love to be out early in the morning before most people are stirring about. I came home and relaxed and then made a yummy Saturday afternoon lunch- fried chicken, turnip greens, butter beans, mashed potatoes, and cornbread. You know, just something light. I thought I would share some of my found treasures today.

Everthing you see pictured below was about $7 total. I really did well today. I especially love the postal scale that lists a first class letter at .05! The milk glass vases are wonderful- and .10 a piece- and check out the Texas Ware melanine bowl. I hope I spelled that correctly. That was all of .50! The sweater is perfect! I can't wait to wear it when it gets cooler. It has beautiful pearl buttons.





One more thing...I mentioned the turnip greens that I made for lunch. I must share that they came from a can- but you would never know. I had them recently at my Aunt Lit's house and they were so delish. I figured they were from the garden but she showed me the can. I get them here in Virginia at Food Lion. So good! Here they are. I have not tried the seasoned cabbage yet.


1 comment:

Rhondi said...

Hi Kimberley
Welcome to blogging and thank you for the sweet comments! You are going to enjoy blogging and you'll make a lot of new friends.
Hugs, Rhondi